Saturday, December 1, 2012

Recycling E-Card Final

Front Cover
 
 
Inside Page
 

Back Page

 
I think this is effective because it is simple, and it reminds people that plastic can go alot farther than the dump.  Recycling can extend the life of plastic a long time, and there are alot of ways to reuse plastic.  Hope you like it. I look forward to your feedback.
 
 
Front Cover:  Photo of landfill, added a slight blur to remove some of the detail of the garbage.  Then I added some black and white layer to the background with a grain.  I felt this helped obscure the photo a bit, still giving you a sense of a landfill, without all of the details.  I added some to the photo on the right so I had more of an image on the right.  I needed more photo.   Masked out the background of the bottles, and added some contrast and lighting to bring attention to them.  I also played with the gamma correction on the bottles a bit.  I added a mask over the big bottle to obscure the brand and drew a face on it, crying.  The text I added a slight drop shadow.

The Inside page:  Started with a basic green background. I added a yellow circle with a faded glow to draw attention to the bottles.  I masked out the background of the bottles and boosted the vibrance a little.  I added the thought bubbles with a small stroke.  Found photos of each some plastic recycled end product to give the consumer ideas of what recycled bottles can become instead of sitting in a landfill.  Each photos has an inside bevel, to give it the appearance of looking in.

The Back page:  I played around with text size and also added a stroke to the text.  I added the recycling chart as a guide to encourage people to recycle.  Then I added a recycling symbol, with a 50 % opacity, to obscure it a bit.

Hope you like it!  










No comments:

Post a Comment